- March 31, 2014 9:00 am - 9:30 pm
Aulani, Disney Vacation Club Villas 2 reviews92-1185 Aliinui Dr.
1860 500 2121
- Cost(in dollors):
What/Why:***BETWEEN 8 AND 10 PEOPLE MUST BE "I'M IN!" BY FRI 14 MARCH FOR THIS TO GO AHEAD***
Scottish Silver! YEAH! We're planning to go curling over at Murrayfield Curling - all you will need is some very very clean RUBBER soled shoes (not synthetic). Let's see if we can make this HAPPEN - we could be Olympic stars...
You need warmth, and ease of movement, so we recommend:
- Layers of clothing, which you can remove as you warm up, e.g. a t-shirt,
sweat-top and/or fleece.
- Loose fitting trousers e.g. jogging bottoms, and NOT jeans.
- Fabrics which won't shed fibres/fluff onto the ice surface.
- Gloves, if your hands get cold, and warm socks
Ice is a very slippy surface. Choose warm, soft-rubber-soled shoes of any variety.
- If you plan to wear trainers, check that the soles ARE rubber, and not a synthetic
composition, which is VERY slippy on ice.
- Check that the soles of your shoes are totally clean. Even tiny pieces of dirt can
spoil the ice surface.
- Don't borrow a friend's curling shoes....yet!
- Every ice Rink has its own stones, which you will use.
- The Ice Rink will lend you a brush. When you are playing club games, you can
hire/borrow these brushes from the ice Rink, or you may wish to buy your own.